warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

Brownton residents attend assessment hearing

The Brownton City Council’s regular meeting was supplemented with a 2018 street and utility improvement project assessment presentation from Short-Elliott Hendrickson (SEH) engineer Chris Knutson.
Some benefitting property residents attended the meeting, some with disgruntled comments and some simply interested in more information.
Knutson injected good news into an inherently unpleasant hearing: the assessments’ final rates came in lower than its preliminary rates. Of the project’s total $6,018,664.53 price tag, the general levy and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) rural development loans and grants will take care of 74.6 percent ($4,485,320.78) of the $6.018 million figure. That leaves 25.4 percent ($1,533,343.75) left to the residents of the benefitting properties.

(For the entire story, see the Oct. 10 print edition.)