warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

E-cig, charger suspected in Labor Day house fire between Plato and Glencoe

A fire in a bedroom of a farmhouse along Highway 212 just outside Plato has a family living in temporary quarters.
Firefighters from Plato, Glencoe and Norwood Young America responded to a report of a bedroom fire at Steven Robert Kessling’s house at 4039 Highway 212 between Plato and Glencoe Monday, Sept. 3, just before 2:45 p.m. The fire left the house uninhabitable until it is properly cleaned, said Plato Fire Chief Nathan Bruch.
The state fire marshal is looking at an over-heated e-cigarette or its charger as the source of the fire, Bruch said. The device was lying on a bed when the bedding ignited. Firefighters contained fire damage to the bedroom. The entire house is laden with extensive smoke damage.
Once the impact of the smoke damage is cleaned, the family can move back into the house, Bruch said. There was nobody injured in the fire.