warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

Fire damages house on Ninth Street

A fire was contained to a bathroom at a house on Ninth Street E in Glencoe Sunday morning, but smoke and water damage forced occupants to find other living quarters, at least for now. Fire Chief Ron Grack said the fire was electrical and believed to have started in the controls of a whirlpool in the bathroom. The fire department was called to the scene about 10:15 a.m. and remained there until about noon, Grack said.