warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

Fire destroys rural Stewart man’s shed

Earl Pagenkopf was sitting in his home last Wednesday morning, Aug. 15, when through a window he saw a woman hurriedly walking up his driveway around 10:30 a.m. He had no idea the news the woman was about to deliver.
“I don’t know why she didn’t drive up to the house,” he said.
The woman told Pagenkopf the shed behind his house on 190th Street in northwest Sibley County’s Grafton Township was on fire. Pagenkopf called firefighters and hustled out to the shed. He approached the structure but was pushed back by the heat and thick, black smoke.

Read the full story in the Aug. 22 edition of The Chronicle.