warning: file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/../ad_/ad_cache_.inc) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/:/tmp/) in /var/www/vhosts/glencoenews.com/httpdocs/sites/all/modules/ad/adserve.inc on line 160.

Rural, unoccupied house damaged by fire on Sunday

The Glencoe Fire Department was called to a fire in an unoccupied house on Jet Avenue, just north of Highway 212, on Sunday at about 1:30 p.m.
Glencoe Fire Chief Ron Grack said the fire was noticed by one of the owners of the house, who had come to plow the driveway.
The person noticed smoke coming from the chimney, then went inside and discovered smoke coming from the basement. The fire department was then summoned.
Grack said the department “got a good knockdown” of the fire and confined the fire damage to one room in the basement, although there was smoke and water damage to other areas. He believes the home is salvageable.
Grack also said that the fire’s cause is believed to be electrical. Power was kept on at the house, as was the heat.
Because there were no footprints in the fresh snow, there is no indication of suspicious activity, Grack added.
The department remained on the scene for about three hours.