- The Minnesota Vikings are requiring payment of up to $10,000 to reserve the right to buy season tickets for certain choice seats in the new Vikings stadium. Do you think that is appropriate? - 106 votes - closed
- Who is most responsible for the partial shutdown of the federal government? - 140 votes - closed
- What should be the McLeod County Board's next plan for improvements at the Courthouse/Jail?
- 119 votes - open
- Smokers are circumventing the state’s new $1.60 additional tax on cigarette packs by buying pouch tobacco and e-cigarettes. Should the state extend the new tax to those products, too? - 93 votes - closed
- The McLeod County commissioners are considering an expansion of the jail (20 beds) and added security measures for
the courthouse. The cost is estimated at $7 million. Do you agree with the commissioners’ plans?
- 107 votes - closed
- Should the United States get involved militarily in the civil war in Syria now that chemical weapons have been used against civilians? - 129 votes - closed
- Now that the Glencoe’s share of the joint county-city Morningside Avenue extension project has increased substantially
after the county decided to pay for only half of the cost instead of 70 percent, should the city continue to push for
building the ext - 45 votes - closed
- Glencoe City Council has been struggling to determine how to pay for needed street and infrastructure improvements in the future. Do you think a new street utility tax, specifically designated for such work, is a good way to fund such projects? - 51 votes - closed
- The recycling numbers in Glencoe after it went to the 1-sort system have skyrocketed. Should the county also switch to 1-sort over its current 5-sort system? - 49 votes - closed
- The McLeod County Board of Commissioners just approved, on a 3-2 vote, a new wheelage tax on vehicles licensed in the county.
The proceeds will go toward county road projects. Do you agree with the County Board’s vote?
- 35 votes - closed
- The Glencoe-Silver Lake School Board is contemplating a third attempt at passing a building bond referendum, possibly this fall. Should the School Board make another attempt at it? - 115 votes - closed
- Former Glencoe businessman Bryan Koepp was recently sentenced to 20 years probation, a year in jail and ordered to pay $367,475 in restitution for theft by false representation from family, friends and businesses. Should he have gone to prison? - 171 votes - closed
- Should Edward Snowden be considered a traitor or a patriot for releasing classified information of the U.S. government’s secret surveillance programs?
- 131 votes - closed
- Day care providers and personal care attendants who accept public dollars are being required to pay union dues
under a law recently passed by the Minnesota Legislature. Do you agree with this new law? - 122 votes - closed
- Construction of a roundabout intersection is ready to begin on Highway 15 at the Airport Road at Hutchinson. Another is in the plans for Morningside Avenue at 16th Street in the future. Do you think roundabouts are needed at these intersections? - 93 votes - closed